Monday, November 25, 2013

Thanksgiving menu

Appetizers
  • Vegetable tray (carrots, broccoli, cauliflower, radishes, olives, cherry tomatoes, celery, etc.) with dip
  • Baked brie with apples and cranberries
  • Pistachio cheese log
  • Carmelized onion and goat cheese dip
  • Assorted crackers
  • Chilled sparkling juice
Main Meal
  • Turkey
  • Gravy
  • Stuffing
  • Mashed potatoes
  • Corn casserole
  • Sweet potato casserole
  • Cranberry jelly
  • Brussels sprouts
  • Sauteed green beans and mushrooms with toasted almonds
  • Dilly bread rolls with butter
Desserts
  • Pumpkin pie (x2)
  • Apple pie
  • Pecan pie
  • Boston cream pie
  • Whipped cream
(You may be wondering how I'm pulling this off while 30 weeks pregnant, with a 4-year-old and 18-month-old underfoot. My secret is this: a LOT of help! My mom, grandma, and mother-in-law are all contributing generously to the meal preparations and my mom has helped me with cleaning my house this week. So I'm not stressed, just excited!)

2 comments:

  1. That sounds positively delicious! Happy Thanksgiving my friend. I'm glad you have help... it sounds like lots of fun but also quite a bit of work!

    ReplyDelete