Monday, October 24, 2011

Banbury Cross cardigan, revisited


Banbury Cross cardigan

I have a backlog of sewing projects to share, one of which is this new version of the Banbury Cross cardigan I designed last fall. The old one still fits Edmund, but there are a few "issues" that I was able to fix with this new one. The biggest thing I learned was that I needed to stabilize the button plackets, which I did with strips of interfacing.

This one was made from a thrifted, oatmeal-colored men's sweater. I used leftover herringbone wool for the elbow patches, and cute little leather-look buttons. I'm quite pleased with the way it turned out!

7 comments:

  1. That is such a great cardigan! Love the buttons and the elbow patches - too cute : )

    ReplyDelete
  2. *Love* it! I am so impressed by (and a tad envious of) your creativity and downright courage. Just the thought of such a project gives me the willies, but this cardigan turned out just as adorable as last year's! Those buttons are just right, in my humble opinion.

    I'm also wondering how on earth you managed to get that picture -- it's perfect! :-) Your little guy just keeps getting cuter.

    Love,
    Shannon

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my! How adorable can it get?!~Pam

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, your little man looks so grown up! How do they do that?! (Grow up so fast, I mean...)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, ladies! Yes, Edmund has grown so much, especially when I compare him to the pictures from last year. The time has flown by!

    Shannon, thanks so much -- my philosophy is, take tons of pictures, and at least one is bound to turn out well. ;-)

    ReplyDelete