Saturday, July 9, 2011

Sorbetto top


Sorbetto top

Yesterday I whipped up a new summer top from Colette Patterns' free Sorbetto top pattern. I made this as a wearable muslin using leftover cotton lawn from my maxi dress. I did lengthen the top by two inches, but other than that -- no changes!

I'm really pleased with the fit and the way it turned out. This is such a simple, easy pattern (two pieces!), but it has the potential for many variations. I'm planning on sewing up another version in the next few days, using some Lisette cotton lawn. I'm still deciding how to "fancy up" the next one. I'll share photos when it's done!

5 comments:

  1. Oooo, me likes! ;) I've been wanting some sleeveless tops to wear down south (I've heard it's quite hot in the summer) and a good majority of ones I've seen at the stores are so immodest. The neckline and armholes look perfect. Thanks for sharing, Laura.

    Cheri (blogger.com is being fussy today and won't keep me signed in

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice! I always have a tremendous amount of admiration for people who can just 'whip up' anything on the sewing machine. Enjoy and I look forward to seeing your next project!

    Blessings,
    This Good Life

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Laura-
    Can I make a request? I would love for you to post some make up tips for when you dress up or what you do when you get ready for a day with your little one. I would love to get some pointers from you about how you do your look. It's always so modest and flattering! Hope you and your family are enjoying summer

    In Christ,
    Dawn

    ReplyDelete
  4. Dawn, thanks so much for your sweet comment, it's very kind of you! I'm mulling over your request and I'll see what I can put together. :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your top is so cute!! Great job!

    ReplyDelete